Why it is important to have smoke alarm?
Smoke is a mixture of heated particles and gases. Around 50% to 80% of death of indoor fires are the result of smoke inhalation rather than burns. When fires occurs, it absorbs oxygen as energy to burn, and meanwhile it creates smoke.
The operation of smoke alarm can ensure people to have time to escape before getting smoke inhalation. The qualified smoke alarm obtain the approval of EN 14604 standard.
Symptoms of Smoke Inhalation:
• Shortness of breath
• Noisy breathing
• Eyes will trun red
• Skin color will change from pale to cherry red
What should we do when fires and smoke occurs?
1. Try to use the nearest fire extinguishing equipment to firefighting when you are in safe situation. DO NOT use water to pour on the electrical devices
2. Should leave the door close, but not lock it
3. Break the nearest fire alarm glass to alarm
4. Use the nearest stairs to leave the building. DO NOT use escalator
5. Should evacuate on foot. DO NOT running
6. Call emergency hotline when you are safe